Saturday, May 17, 2008

Pre-Term Labor Scare......all's well, now

This is kind of long but here it goes.......on Monday I got a Rhogam shot.


Tuesday all day I progressively felt worse....muscle achyness, not functioning very well, so I called my dr & they said take a warm bath & some Tylenol to see if it helped, that it may have just been a reaction to the Rhogam. I took their advice & felt somewhat better but by morning I was going back downhill.


Wednesday my intuition was telling me 'somethings just not right but I can't place my finger on it.' I'm glad I listened to my intuition!!!!!! I got a sharp pain across my lower abdomen & still couldn't function due to muscle achyness all over. I called the doctor, again. They asked if the babies were moving, I said, I didn't know......I couldn't place that I'd felt them BUT it could be I was concentrating on the sharp pain. They sent me L&D for a NST, just in case (neither of us thought it was a big deal.) When I got there @ 10am, I was 0 dilated, & the babies looked good BUT I started contracting.....about every 2 minutes apart & they started intensifying. After 2-3 hrs of consistent contractions, they decided to start Terbutaline (a drug to stop contractions.) I got 2 shots, 1hr apart. The 1st just made me feel horrible but did nothing to slow contractions......the 2nd slowed them & made the intense ones become further apart (never completely stopped.) They decided to give me steroid shots, to help develop the babies lungs, just in case. I got 1 @ 5pm & after an exam @ 7 (still not dilated), I was allowed to go home on strict bed rest. I could only get up to use the rest room, take a quick shower 1X day, & sit up to eat


Thursday I had to go back to the hospital for a 2nd steroid shot (the 1st 2 have to be given 24 hrs apart, then once a week until you're 32 weeks, if you have a pre-term labor 'scare'.)


Friday morning I had to go into my doctors office for a follow up. My contractions are much further apart & less intense. I was still not dilated. So, he told me to be on light bedrest. I can sit up, eat, get up to do light things but I'm supposed to be off my feet more than I'm on them, taking it VERY easy. He took me out of work, so I'm home until these boys arrive which we HOPE isn't for, at the very least, another 1w2d...when I'm 32 weeks BUT WE REALLY HOPE it's not until I'm 35 weeks (June 16th), or even better yet, July 1, their scheduled arrival date!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hang in there. Not much longer and you will be passed the pregnancy worries and on to worrying about what those boys are getting into.
Send me your contact info at home.