Saturday, July 19, 2008

Birth Story (part 2, about mom)

Sorry this has taken so long....the next post will tell you WHY we've been too busy to update but for now, let me backtrack & tell you about my not so wonderful post-birth scare.

After seeing Talen in the NICU, for the 1st time, around 2 or so in the afternoon, I told Jeff I felt wierd, like I was bleeding or something. We went back to my room & that is the last thing I remember for the rest of that day (& talking to people after the fact, I realize there are things I've forgeten even before this point).......actually my memories don't come back until Saturday.

From what everyone's told me, here's the story:
My nurse came in & realized I was bleeding MUCH more than normal. She called in 1 nurse for a 2nd opinion.....eventually 5 nurses were in the room, trying to see what could possibly be wrong. They finally called my Dr to come in & soon after he got there I was being wheeled to the OR so he could stop my hemoraging. He ended up doing only a D&C but said he was close to doing a hysterectomy if the D&C didn't work. I ended up loosing so much blood that I needed blood transfusions. I didn't leave the recovery room (finish getting my blood) until 5 a.m.!!! Talk about a scary day, for me & everyone that thought I there waiting to hear a 'good' outcome.

Friday I was on Demerol (straight thru my IV) so I was out of it & don't remember much. Jeff filled me in on who visited & some of those visitors have filled me in on some very funny stories about things I said (& some not so nice things I said or did!!)

Monday, before I left the hospital, my blood count had dropped, again but it has gradually come back up on it's own. I am finally feeling like myself again.

No comments: