Saturday, June 14, 2008

Had an overnight hospital stay

Thursday evening I noticed what I thought was a liquid filled sac type thing, forming below my belly button that seemed to be swelling or getting a little bigger.

I called the Dr on call (my dr was out of town) & he told me to go to L&D, to get it checked out. The nurses there recommended he come it because they'd never seen anything like it. He did an u/s & said he couldn't realy diagnose it but it could be that my facia (sp? basically my belly wall) had spread so thin that it just felt wierd & soft compared to the rest of my stomach....or it could be early signs of a uterus abrubtion.....or it could be a hernia but if it is, my 'big' uterus is in the way of bowels or intestines from coming thru & it would just have to be repaired during my C-sec (nothing could be done now.) The only immediate BIG worry is if it was a uterus abruption....then I would need to deliver ASAP.

He admitted me overnight & recommended that the Dr. Body (a perientologist)come in 1st thing in the morning & do a more thorough u/s so, I stayed (on nothing to eat after midnight orders, in case they had to deliver after my u/s in the morning if it was a uterine abruption.)

5pm the next day they FINALLY came & did my u/s. It was just one of Dr. Body's techs, not actually Dr. Body, as the on call Dr had said it would be......he had already gone home & wasn't going to check the u/s or me until Sat morning.

Pretty much, needless to say my 19hr starved pg self wasn't very happy that I had waited that long for what seemed like nothing & neither was the on call dr......he let me go on the basis of the u/s tech's report & basically appologized to me, all the while making it clear how upset he was with how Dr. Body had told him he would personally do the u/s & do it that day but instead sent a tech & went home. He also made it clear he would NEVER ask Dr. Body for a consult for another one of his patients & would inform my dr, when he gets back on monday, of how horribly he thought Dr. Body had treated me & ask that he too never use him for any of his patients in the future.

Anyway, the tech said the u/s didn't show anything concerning & the babies looked great so I guess it's just some water retention in that area or at the very worse, maybe a hernia.

Kaden was 5lb1oz & Talen was 4lb13oz (both gained exactly the same.....5oz in 9 days.)

No comments: